@font-face { font-family: 'RETROLAND'; src: url('http://static.tumblr.com/at1mjn5/9Mmn6g2ul/retroland_2.otf'); } Redhead Without a Cause: North East Trip: Day 1

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

North East Trip: Day 1

It's been about a week since I've been back, and I finally wanted to share some of the highlights of my trip to New York and Connecticut!





I have to admit I'm impressed with anyone living in NYC, I was exhausted and sore footed every day. How do you have a night life?? I was in bed asleep by like 9:30 every day.

Our (me+my parents, as an only child I am a constant third wheel) first adventure was to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, all of us wanted to take advantage of the John Singer Sargent exhibit.

My outfit of the day- I believe everything was thrifted, I'm sorry!





I have to give my dad credit for some decent photographs. 

John Singer Sargent is best known for his piece of Madame X, even if you are not a fan of art history you will likely recognize the piece.

 Unfortunately I was a dummy and didn't take note of the names of his other pieces and subjects...they are beautiful either way, I just wish I could give you names!

Madame X


I'd never seen any of his watercolors before, I wish I had this skill in paint!


Very important: he was a gynecologist. He could cure me of my "hysteria" any day. (In past centuries bored, depressed, and anxious women were said to be hysterical, and the cure for hysteria was manual orgasms performed by their doctors...so you see why I would let this hottie get all up in my business.)

The second area we went to is easily one of my favorite places in the world, although this is only my second time visiting. 
Me and my dad have bonded over Egyptian art since I was a kid and showed interest in art and history. The Egyptology section of the met has a beautiful reflective pond, and massive sculptures that are awe inspiring. 

Just one area of the great hall, beautiful architecture and artifacts!
Squad goals?
Giving some serious side eye, whoops. Next to my fave gal Hatshepsut, one of the few female pharaohs, so basically a bad ass female role model. 
I'll end this post strong with a picture of my dad. You can see where I get my looks and posing skills from. 

I hope you enjoyed my outfit and beautiful artifacts as much as I did!
My feet fell off by the end of the day. 
Expect to see a post about day 2- meeting HurrayKimmay.com for tea, and the central park zoo!

Anna

1 comment:


  1. i read this interesting story. I really like this thanks for sharing this. If anyone wants to Hotel <a href="http://tajvilla.com> Budget hotel in agra </a> then visit this.

    ReplyDelete