@font-face { font-family: 'RETROLAND'; src: url('http://static.tumblr.com/at1mjn5/9Mmn6g2ul/retroland_2.otf'); } Redhead Without a Cause: Bonnie and Clyde Beauty Inspiration

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Bonnie and Clyde Beauty Inspiration

If you've seen the new Bonnie and Clyde film you know the only reason it's worth watching is because Holliday Grainger and Emile Hirsch are total cuties. The whole time I missed the film's faults because Bonnie's makeup was killer.

She has beautiful cheekbones and a little rosebud mouth they accentuated with blush, minimal eye makeup, and the perfect red lip!

Rather than go for the same subtle look I went a little more over the top and went with other 1930s inspirations, this is the reason it's dangerous for me to watch period pieces while getting ready.


I smudged bronze eyeshadow from NYC's "Bronzed in Brooklyn" palette in the corners and lined a bit below my lower lash line. Topped that off with a thin line of black liner that didn't wing out too far, and added thick mascara on top and bottom lashes.



I dashed a bit of blush on the apples of my cheeks and up my cheekbones (similar to Bonnie's) and covered my lips in NYX lip liner (it's so shaved down I can't see the name of the color anymore!)






I completed the look with a faux bob and turban since I didn't have time to curl my hair and do something more intricate. Overall I'm very happy with it and plan on doing more 1930s inspired things in the future! A nice change of pace and so glamorous.


-Anna

2 comments:

  1. She was so cute in that movie, although the movie wasn't that great. My bf and I were speaking with a bit of a twang after watching it. I loved the recreation of the photos they took, they were dead on. The gold against your brown eyes is fabulous. Ive been meaning to pick up some color like that. <3

    ReplyDelete