@font-face { font-family: 'RETROLAND'; src: url('http://static.tumblr.com/at1mjn5/9Mmn6g2ul/retroland_2.otf'); } Redhead Without a Cause: Things I Want Thursday: Lingerie Edition

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Things I Want Thursday: Lingerie Edition

Okay, so, these are definitely things I want not things I need...Especially since my birthday was yesterday and I was treated to a multitude of things I wanted and needed. Nevertheless, today to unwind from work I did a little online window shopping. Here is what I found out that I need. want.





1. & 2. What Katie Did Marlene Sets -- needed in both color combinations! They're so gorgeous, structured, unique, and classic....I could go on and on about my lust for these sets.

3. Moulin Rouge by Pamela Mann J'taime tights -- I'm a sucker for backseam tights and anything French, I've been coveting these since Valentines day! But I've yet to take the plunge to purchase them, and they aren't anywhere near expensive. Lazy me.

4. Marlies Dekkers Dame de Paris Plunge Bra -- now 4. 5. & 6. are all from one of my favorite high end lingerie boutiques Faire Frou Frou (did I mention my weakness for French?). I've been lucky enough to befriend the owner Alison and vicariously live through her glamorous life of luxury lingerie. I asked her the other day which items from her site were her favorite, and she gave one name: the Marlies Dekkers Dame de Paris bra. I couldn't agree more! Cute as inner or outerwear this bra is a must have for any woman to have as ammunition.

5. Mimi Holiday Beluga Satin Plunge Bra -- another gem from Faire Frou Frou. This is the perfect touch of sex kitten to any wardrobe. As you can see from my collection of "Things I Want", I have the tendency to lean towards black and lacy...but how could I not?? It's classy and seductive.

6. Gossard Retrolution Corset -- oh Gossard....anyone in the vintage fashion world has heard of this lush brand, and many have seen the gorgeous PinupGirlClothing.com models flawlessly displaying them in the past. Everything about the brand is just so feminine and almost sinister...I could picture Maleficent sporting one of Gossard's pieces. This is yet another perfect peach from Faire Frou Frou.

7. Bandelets in beige -- HOLY SMOKES. If you're a girl with soft thighs like me that wreak havoc on you all summer as they rub little forest fires, these are for you. I've always had thighs that rub, don't get me wrong I love my curves, but good god if you've had chub rub you know it's its own kind of hell. I've tried it all- baby powder, deodorant, the special products for it...none really worked, or if they did they'd still melt away in the Texas heat. Lately I've been stuck with biking shorts under summer dresses, but let's be honest, though they fix the discomfort they aren't the cutest things in the world. Bandellets are a PERFECT solution. How have I lived this long without them?? They're like the tops of thigh highs without the stocking... I'm just itching to try them out! They're the sexy solution to chub rub...who knew that was possible?

8. Dita Von Teese Von Follies Madame X Wireless Bra -- last but not least, one of Dita's masterpieces. I've gotten my hands on a few of her sets (thanks to none other than Faire Frou Frou) but I want them all, like collecting baseball cards but hotter (and more expensive). I love all the little details and I can just picture this pretty little thing on a bigger bust like I have! Want want want.



Happy browsing and shopping, but just know if you purchase any of these before I get to them I will resent you a little bit.

xoxo Anna

4 comments:

  1. OMG Anna! Thank you for posting this and let me know that bandelets exists! This things can save my summer lol ;D
    Xxxx
    Eri Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could help! And I'm definitely going to try them with shorts as well because I haven't been able to wear shorts in years...do you think lace peeking out of shorts is acceptable??

      Delete
    2. I'm going to try them too! I need to find a web that sells worldwide, I think lace with shorts is more than acceptable. Actually lots of stores are selling shorts with lace (at least here in Spain). By the way, you can follow my new blog if you want :) I'll talk about fashion, art and photography.

      erigrace.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try the bandeletes but I always talk myself out of it, I have pretty sizable thighs but I love wearing skirts and dresses. I hate having to wear tights or bike shorts with everything, it just adds an extra layer which sucks in the heat. I adore the number 4 bra, I've been dying to find one in my size.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete